Day 3&4 – Wasagaming to Winnipeg

Had a breakfast of scrambled eggs and ham before packing up and heading to the lake to use the kayak for the first time. Walked around town for a bit before heading down to the lake through a maze of amazing holiday homes to pump up the kayak. It didn’t take too long surprisingly and Fergus was on the water within minutes. I chose not to go in as it was far too choppy so I sat on the jetty while Fergus had a paddle about. Upon folding the kayak and putting in in the bag the bag ripped and the zip broke causing us to have a big row! That will be going in my Amazon review!! 

Went back to the car and then went to the park to have Chicken Noodle soup & buns for lunch.Jumped in the car and started on our way to Winnipeg. The journey was a short 3.5 hours across more prairies. Stopped at the Big Elk in Onanole just outside the National Park.Also stopped at Gladstone where we got some photos of the Happy Rock statue we thought was quite cute.Apart from that it was all flat again. Stopped in McDonalds to use their internet to find our AirB&B for the next 2 nights and carried on to Dominion St which was just off the highway and easy to find.The owners were away camping when we arrived so we found the keys in the mailbox and unpacked. Took a long awaited shower and got ready to head out for Canada Day. 

Walked for about 45 minutes to The Osbourne Village Street Party where we wandered about looking for food. Watched a band for a bit before Fergus got a shawarma and I got a loaded hotdog for dinner. There were huge queues to get in all the pubs so we chose the shortest one which was at an English pub called Toad in the Hole

Went in there and had a few beers and ciders and watched a brilliant band that just played and didn’t sing but every tune they played we knew including tv and movie theme tunes! Met some locals and chatted into the early hours before grabbing a pizza and getting a cab home.

On our second day in Winnipeg we had planned to visit Lake Winnipeg but we were so hungover we didn’t wake up until 2pm and then Fergus wasn’t that keen to drive so we went to Wallmart for food supplies. Met the AirB&B hosts, Kayla and her girlfriend who are really friendly. Chatted for a bit before they went to do laundry and we had soup and noodles.

Went for a drive to a park(the wrong park it turns out) and saw Fort Gibraltar before carrying on to Assiniboine Park.Drove around the huge park, past the Zoo, playing fields, and mimi rainway track to the Pavillion where we parked up and had a look around. Walked through the English Farden where Fergus proudly showed me plants he used to tend to back in London, wandered through the sculpture garden and past the duck pond. Got a feed of Chinese takeaway on our way home, watched a bit of Snatch and called it a night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s